Monday, September 11, 2017

2008-2016

I felt impressed over a year ago to try and upload as many family photos here as possible. I didn't know why but went to work posting in several at a time. However,  I didn't upload as many as I could have and now I regret it.  When we moved to our new place last year, I dropped our external drive trying to lift some heavy boxes on my own.

We plugged in the drive to see if we could still access our files and heard a faint high-pitch scratching. Turns out that scratching was the sound of all our files being destroyed.... all our family photos and videos from 2008 - 2016, GONE!

We sent our drive to a data recovery clean-room in California to see if they could access our files but they were unable.  It still breaks my heart to think about it. The only videos, photos, or anything we have from that time are what I have posted on my blogs or on social media. I'm glad I have a few to hang on to. I've deactivated my Facebook account though... I just hope the pictures on there don't disappear if I stay away too long.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment